TransJam - Jammin' on the Web!
Download and Play WebDrum II
The original WebDrum was written by Phil Burk around 1997. WebDrum II was written around 2002.
Multi-player drum box>
Download this executable JAR file: WebDrum_20200617.jar
- Download the JAR file above.
- Locate the file on your computer then Right-click or Control-click the JAR file and select Open.
The first time you run it you will get a warning that the app is not signed. That is normal.
- Click the Open button.
- If you cannot open the JAR file then you will need to install Java from Oracle.
Learn more... Then try again to open it.
- (After you run it the first time, you can run it again just by double clicking the JAR file.)
- Enter your name or a nickname. Hit Login button...
- Create a new room, or enter an existing room if available...
- You are now running the piece and can interact with anyone else who logs into that room.
How to Play
- Click the [OWN] button to gain control over a drum that someone else owns.
Then you can edit that drum.
- To turn on or off drum beats, click on the blue boxes in the grid.
- To turn on or off notes in a melody, click on a column in the melody
grid. Only one note per column may be selected. To turn off a note, click
- Type in the text field at the bottom of the Chat Window and hit [Enter]
to chat with other performers.
For historical interest, visit the original non-working Applet
TransJam, JSynTM and the WebDrum are
products of SoftSynth.com. (C) 1997-2014
Hosted on Amazon EC2